Unitron Launches Discover Next Platform
Unitron announced its newest platform, the Discover Next, that’s said to “help people get to the heart of conversations with superior speech understanding in any environment making even the softest-spoken people easier to understand.” What Unitron says is its “smallest lithium-ion RIC (receiver-in-the-canal),” Moxi Move R joins the product family with technology that “lasts all day and delivers easy connections to all kinds of favorite tech.”
“Our technology-rich solutions deliver better sound performance paired with comfortable products powered by proven lithium ion battery technology that keeps wearers doing more of what they love,” said Sandra Fulton, VP Group Marketing.
The number one need of hearing instrument wearers is to hear better in noisy environments.1 SoundCore, the signal processor inside Unitron hearing instruments, combines four technologies to help provide “a seamless, human-like listening experience that helps wearers hear conversations more clearly and comfortably in every environment.” Newer features within these technologies help to enhance the listening experience further, by helping wearers determine who is talking, location of voices, and subtle cues, like intonation and underlying emotion of words which help improve the overall understanding of meaning in speech, Unitron says.
Speech Understanding is Just the Beginning
“We are known for great sound performance that enables superior speech understanding. But conversations are more complex than that. To have truly meaningful interactions, you need more than words alone,” said Donald Hayes, Director of Clinical Research.
The Discover Next platform helps deliver speech and environmental cues that help “enable wearers to understand the deeper meaning of words, in both quiet and noisy environments.”
Soft speech lift helps boost subtle speech cues without increasing the overall level, “providing key information to get to the deeper meaning of quiet conversations.”
Spectral Speech is a new fourth dimension of Unitron’s binaural solution for noisy environments, SpeechPro. Now, in addition to automatically applying directionality and preserving localization cues, Spectral Speech helps “add further contrast between speech and noise to help clients better understand words and emotions in complex listening situations.”
Products and Accessories on the Discover Next Platform:
- Moxi Move R – RIC with lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
- Moxi Jump R (with telecoil option) – RIC with lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
- Moxi Fit – RIC with 312 battery.
- Stride P R – BTE (behind-the-ear) with lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Equalizer – A new feature on the Remote Plus app lets clients adjust bass, mid, and treble.
- TV Connector – Watch favorite shows and movies in stereo sound by wirelessly connecting hearing instruments to the TV or other media devices.
- Remote Control – An accessory to help discreetly adjust volume and switch programs.
- PartnerMic – A lapel-worn mic with integrated AirStream technology streams clear speech.
1 Ozmeral, Hoover, Gabbidon, and Eddins (2018). Development of Continuous Number Identification Test (CNIT). Ear and Hearing. Submitted for publication.
Media: Unitron, YouTube